When is FreshGrass | Bentonville?
FreshGrass | Bentonville is a two-day, family-friendly music festival celebrating today’s best bluegrass and progressive roots music returning to the Momentary (507 SE E St) on May 20 – 21, 2022.
Who is headlining/performing?
What is the Momentary?
The Momentary is a contemporary art space for visual and performing arts, culinary experiences, festivals, artists-in-residence, and more. Located in downtown Bentonville, Arkansas, satellite to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, the Momentary is the perfect hang-out. From exploring the galleries and outdoor artworks, to catching a performance, to enjoying a savory bite or refreshing drink, there’s something for everyone to discover. General admission is free.
Where do I buy tickets and/or get more ticketing information?
What time will the festival start each day?
Gates will open and live music will start at 4 p.m. on Friday, May 20, and at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 21.
Where is the entrance to the festival?
Entry is located just west of the parking garage, accessible from 8th Street (701 SE 8th Street). Note: this will be the only point of re-entry for those who plan to come and go throughout the festival. Please be ready to show your mobile/printed tickets to receive your FreshGrass wristband along with a valid ID.
What other events will take place?
In addition to live music, festival events include family-friendly artmaking activities, local food and makers market, late-night jam sessions, square dancing, access to new exhibitions at the Momentary, and more. Feel free to bring your instruments for informal pick-alongs.
What is FreshKids?
FreshKids offers family-friendly activities during the festival for all kids of all ages. Activities include marker printing, shaker making, reading nooks, and coloring sheets. Adult supervision required. Open 4 to 8 p.m. on Friday, May 20 and 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 21.
How can I stay connected on what’s happening during the festival?
There are two ways to stay in the know throughout the festival:
What if it rains?
This is a rain or shine event. In the case of severe storms, delays or postponements are possible. In the event of lightning, heavy flooding, or dangerous winds, we will move indoors to wait out the storm. Announcements will be made on location and via the Momentary’s social media platforms. Only in a rare event will a performance be canceled.
Are pets allowed? I’d like to bring my dog on a leash.
No pets at FreshGrass, please. Only certified service animals will be allowed into the festival.
Will vendors accept credit or debit cards?
FreshGrass | Bentonville is 100% cash-less. Please bring your credit and debit cards.
Will there be assigned seating? Should I bring my own chairs or blankets?
We encourage guests who would like to sit to bring their own camp-style folding chairs or blankets (and arrive early!). There will be no assigned seating at the festival, except for a small area reserved for FreshPass and Reverb ticket holders. Spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be located behind a standing room only area near the main stage under the Canopy.
How do I get to the festival? Where should I park?
- Free parking:
- Complimentary parking will be available in a designated lot near the Bentonville Fire Department at 8th & A Street (see Google Maps here). There will be shuttles transporting guests to and from the festival to this parking lot. ADA parking will be available.
- Shuttles will run every 20-30 minutes between 3 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. on Friday, May 20, and between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 21.
- Paid parking:
- Parking passes to park in the Momentary’s parking garage are available for purchase at $20 per day. Qty is limited.
- Friend and Insider-level members receive free parking in the garage as part of their membership benefit. Advance reservation is required via Box Office at [email protected] or (479) 657-2335.
- The parking garage is located next to the 8th Street Market at 701 SE 8th Street.
- Via bike: Biking is the best way to go! Bicycle racks and valet service will be available right outside the gates along 8th Street.
Rideshare and pick-up/drop-off locations can be found along 8th Street.
I purchased a parking pass for the garage, how will I receive it?
Parking passes will be sent via email upon time of purchase. Be ready to show either a printed or digital copy of your parking pass upon entry to the garage. Difficulty locating your parking pass? Please contact the Box Office at [email protected] or (479) 657-2335.
Can I bike or walk to the festival?
We highly encourage biking or walking to the festival. There will be a bike valet outside the gates along 8th Street to park your bikes.
What can I bring into the festival?
- Valid ID and tickets to present upon entry.
- Folding chairs and blankets to use in designated areas at mid-field and beyond.
- Free water stations will be available. Empty plastic water bottles are encouraged to help stay hydrated. (No glass or metal containers.)
- Bring your credit or debit cards. The festival is 100% cash-less.
- Rain or shine, the show will go on! Come prepared with your sunscreen, hat, raincoat or a poncho.
- No outside food and drink, large bags, coolers, or ice chests.
- No pop-up shade tents or umbrellas of any kind.
- No firearms, knives, weapons, chains, spikes, and sharp or pointy objects are allowed. Laser pointers, glow sticks, and illuminating objects are strictly prohibited.
- No fireworks, fuel, or explosive materials of any kind.
- No kites, frisbees, or air horns.
- No prohibited substance of any kind.
- No smoking or vaping will be allowed outside of designated smoking areas.
- No pets
Prohibited items will not be admitted or checked. Please leave these items at home or in your locked vehicle.
Are cameras allowed at FreshGrass?
Professional cameras, drones, selfie sticks, tripods, detachable lenses, and flash photography are not allowed. No audio or video recording devices. Point-and-shoot cameras are permitted.
We ask that you refrain from using your phones and other devices during the live performances at FreshGrass, as they are disruptive to both patrons and performers. Professional photographers MUST obtain a media pass in advance—email us at [email protected].
Tell us about any and all COVID-19 prevention measures, requirements, etc., that will be in place for the festival.
We continue to monitor local COVID-19 trends and government health guidance. As of now, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, testing, and masking are not required to attend FreshGrass | Bentonville.
We will have increased hand sanitizer stations on-site, and our cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high-touch areas.
I’m a journalist. Who should I contact about a media pass?
I'm a vendor and want to participate. What can I do?
All vendors have been selected and finalized for 2022 FreshGrass | Bentonville.